Hostel accommodation cannot be claimed as a matter of right. The university has Eight hostels (Six for boys and two for girls), which provide excellent hostel accommodation for a limited number of bonafide full-time students of the university departments who pay the required fees regularly. While in the hostel, the students are responsible for the up keep of rooms, furnishing and fixtures. The university authorities may ask any inmate to vacate the hostel, if he/she is found indulged in any activity unbecoming of a student.
Admission to the hostels are made against the available vacant seats. Hostel seats are allotted by the Wardens of the hostels according to University Hostel Rules and U.P. Government reservation rules for SC/ST/OBC students.
Guidance for Students
In order to regulate community living in the hostel, certain rules have been framed for guidance of the students, as given below.
- The hostel will have to be vacated by the inmates during summer vacations for at least 15 days for repairs, etc. The dates will be notified by the wardens.
- Under no circumstance a student will be allowed to stay in the hostel after prescribed time.
- A hosteller will be given admission to a new course of study only after he/she vacates the room in his/her possession and produces before the admission committee a certificate to this effect issued by the warden.
- The students studying for diploma and certificate courses in Russian language and other such courses will not be provided hostel accommodation.
- Students are supposed to conduct themselves with extremely good manners in and outside the hostels. Payments of hostel fees and dues, proper use of hostel facilities, common rooms and regulation regarding hostel visiting hours are some of the important points to be strictly adhered to by the hostellers.